Confusion about repositories

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Edited Mar 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I am deeply confused regarding the repository setup of NPanday. That must be a real obstacle in getting new users along, since Maven by itself is hard to get started on for most people.

My current issue is manual deployment of third party DLLs. Using the standard Maven notation I could add them to .m/repository by executing

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=spring.net -DartifactId=Spring.Data -Dversion=2.0 -Dpackaging=dll -Dfile=Spring.Data.dll

In my project pom.xml file I would have

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>spring.net</groupId>
      <artifactId>Spring.Data</artifactId>
      <version>2.0</version>
      <type>library</type>
    </dependency>

and expect it to pick up the file.  But the build fails with

[INFO] NPANDAY-180-020: Problem in resolving artifact: Assembly Artifact Id = Spring.Core, Type = library, Local Path Check = C:\Users\<>\.m2\uac\gac_msil\Spring.Core\2.0__spring.net\Spring.Core.dll,

Do I really have to manually create corresponding directories under this uac structure for each DLL I add via mvn:install ??

Is there no way to make the builder look in .m2/repository instead of .m2/uac?

Regards

Steinar Eriksen

Developer
Mar 11, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Are you sure the pom is correct? (packaging of library vs. dll?)  I believe you'll need to provide the pom file with install:install-file ... -DpomFile=Spring.Data.pom .  If you let Maven generate it, the packaging will be wrong.

It's also possible you need to use the NPanday install plugin instead.  You can do that with the long form on the command line:  groupId:artifactId:version:goal (or similar, might be out of order).

There has been some discussion of removing the uac directory, but at this point it's still required.

-- 
Wendy