NPanday.Model.Pom and NPanday.Plugin

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:02 AM

I have done the steps of copying the DLLs as specified in the known issues section of the 1.1 release notes.

I have searched the discussions for a solution and each time ended back at the release notes.

I have typed "mvn install" more times than I care to remember this evening.  I removed the "~/.m2/uac" folder an equal number of times, but at least with this step I took some small satisfaction that I was destroying something. 

Please some kind soul help a frazzled newbie. 

I'm using Windows 7 and the corresponding Windows 7/2008 .NET SDK (7.0) on the build machine, if that makes any difference.  I hope it doesn't.

Thanks for listening.

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2010 at 4:39 AM

ok, we're listening :)

But what's the actual problem you are seeing?

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:31 PM
[INFO] NPANDAY-180-020: Problem in resolving artifact: Assembly Artifact Id = NPanday.Model.Pom, Type = library, Local P
ath Check = C:\Users\ted\.m2\uac\gac_msil\NPanday.Model.Pom\1.1__npanday.model\NPanday.Model.Pom.dll,
Message = Unable to download the artifact from any repository
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2010 at 6:50 AM

So you also see something like this beforehand:

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/npanday/model/NPanday.Model.Pom/1.1/NPanday.Model.Pom-1.1-4b435f4d76e2f0e6.dll
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'npanday.model:NPanday.Model.Pom:library:4b435f4d76e2f0e6:1.1' in repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

But the file ~/.m2/repository/npanday/model/NPanday.Model.Pom/1.1/NPanday.Model.Pom-1.1-4b435f4d76e2f0e6.dll is in place?

I'm running on Windows 7 and apart from needing the occasional command as an administrator it is working. You might also like to try building from source, or you can try the new installer from trunk for the upcoming 1.2 release (I'll post a link once the next build is available from CI).

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I was seeing the exact same behavior while trying to install the VS plugins as well.  (I was the guy on #NPanday last night).

I tried building the latest HEAD revision from the repository trunk as you suggested, but ran into this (the last 30 or so lines of the source build):

INFO: Detected jar dependency - skipping: Artifact Dependency ID = easymock
[INFO] Mojo Execution Time = 156
[INFO] [resolver:resolve {execution: default-resolve}]
[INFO] [NPanday.Plugin.Settings.JavaBinding:generate-settings {execution: default-generate-settings}]
[INFO] [compile:generate-assembly-info {execution: default-generate-assembly-info}]
[INFO] NPANDAY-902-000: Generating Assembly Info: Language = C_SHARP
[INFO] Mojo Execution Time = 0
[INFO] [compile:process-sources {execution: default-process-sources}]
[INFO] NPANDAY-904-001: No source files to copy
[INFO] [compile:process-test-sources {execution: default-process-test-sources}]
[INFO] NPANDAY-905-001: No test source files to copy
[INFO] [xsd:xsd {execution: default}]
[INFO] NPANDAY-066-016: Did not find executable path, will try system path
[ERROR] 'xsd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
[ERROR] operable program or batch file.
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] NPANDAY-1400-000: Unable to execute xsd: Vendor null, frameworkVersion =2.0.50727, Profile = XSD:SCHEMA

Embedded error: NPANDAY-070-000: Execution Path = unknown, Command = [D:\work\npanday\dotnet\assemblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\Pom.xsd, /o:D:\work\npanday\dotnet\assemblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\target\build-sources, /classes, /language:CS, /namespace:NPanday.Model.Pom]
NPANDAY-040-001: Could not execute: Command = CMD.EXE /X /C xsd D:\work\npanday\dotnet\assemblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\Pom.xsd /o:D:\work\npanday\dotnet\assemblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\target\build-sources/classes /language:CS /namespace:NPanday.Model.Pom, Result = 1
[INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch

I'm assuming I'm missing something from the path that is needed to successfully build.  Suggestions?

Cheers!

Randy

INFO: Detected jar dependency - skipping: Artifact Dependency ID = easymock
[INFO] [NPanday.Plugin.Settings.JavaBinding:generate-settings {execution: defaul
t-generate-settings}]
[INFO] [compile:generate-assembly-info {execution: default-generate-assembly-inf
o}]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] NPANDAY-1400-000: Unable to execute xsd: Vendor null, frameworkVersion =
2.0.50727, Profile = XSD:SCHEMA
Embedded error: NPANDAY-070-000: Execution Path = unknown, Command = [D:\work\np
anday\dotnet\assemblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\Pom.xsd, /o:D:\work\npanday\dotnet\ass
emblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\target\build-sources, /classes, /language:CS, /namespa
ce:NPanday.Model.Pom]
NPANDAY-040-001: Could not execute: Command = CMD.EXE /X /C xsd D:\work\npanday\
dotnet\assemblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\Pom.xsd /o:D:\work\npanday\dotnet\assemblies
\NPanday.Model.Pom\target\build-sources /classes /language:CS /namespace:NPanday
.Model.Pom, Result = 1
[INFO] -----------------------------------------------------------------------INFO: Detected jar dependency - skipping: Artifact Dependency ID = easymock
[INFO] [NPanday.Plugin.Settings.JavaBinding:generate-settings {execution: defaul
t-generate-settings}]
[INFO] [compile:generate-assembly-info {execution: default-generate-assembly-inf
o}]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] NPANDAY-1400-000: Unable to execute xsd: Vendor null, frameworkVersion =
2.0.50727, Profile = XSD:SCHEMA
Embedded error: NPANDAY-070-000: Execution Path = unknown, Command = [D:\work\np
anday\dotnet\assemblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\Pom.xsd, /o:D:\work\npanday\dotnet\ass
emblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\target\build-sources, /classes, /language:CS, /namespa
ce:NPanday.Model.Pom]
NPANDAY-040-001: Could not execute: Command = CMD.EXE /X /C xsd D:\work\npanday\
dotnet\assemblies\NPanday.Model.Pom\Pom.xsd /o:D:\work\npanday\dotnet\assemblies
\NPanday.Model.Pom\target\build-sources /classes /language:CS /namespace:NPanday
.Model.Pom, Result = 1

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2010 at 11:52 PM

http://www.npanday.org/docs/1.2-SNAPSHOT/developers/building.html

http://www.npanday.org/docs/1.2-SNAPSHOT/guide/installation/index.html#Set_the_PATH

Basically, run the visual studio 2008 command prompt and build from there, or set the equivalent path in another shell that you use. On Windows Vista/Windows 7, you'll need to run that as an administrator for gacutil to succeed.