Problem building dotnet module using maven

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2010 at 2:57 PM
I connected to SVN to download the NPanday 1.2-SNAPSHOT to my working directory. I followed the build instructions and have the following results: Has someone else experienced this on VS 2008, SDK 3.5? I have double checked my path settings, everything appears to be correct. I am new to the .NET world but have been using Maven for Java projects, any help would be greatly appreciated. [ERROR] BUILD ERROR [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] NPANDAY-180-004: Could not find the project: Group ID = npanday.model, Artifact ID = NPanday.Model.Pom, Version = 1.2-SNAPSHOT, Artifact Type = library [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 9 seconds [INFO] Finished at: Thu Apr 29 09:40:07 EDT 2010 [INFO] Final Memory: 26M/62M [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I've found this problem in a clean environment recently. If it is the same problem I've seen (it's hard to tell from the output above), it needs that library in the GAC at the moment, and you can avoid the problem by running:

mvn npanday.plugin:maven-vsinstaller-plugin:install

before building other projects.

Note that trunk / 1.2-SNAPSHOT is still in development and subject to change.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:07 PM
I have downloaded the 1.1 repository release, does this version work with VS 2008? Does it require SDK 2.0 and 3.5 or is 3.5 sufficient? The installation instructions are not clear, I would suggest separate instructions for VS 2008 and VS 2005, I have not been able to get anything working with VS 2008, my next step will be to compile the 1.1 source, hopefully that will work. Thank you for your help.
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM

yes, both versions work with with either 2005 or 2008 (or both, or in fact just the SDK if necessary). We'll consider revising the docs to make this clearer.

One thing to note with 1.1 is that there was a known issue with the repository release - you need to duplicate a couple of files, as listed in the release notes on the download page.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Thanks Brett will give it a shot

Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 11:11 AM
To: Chris Correale (IT Contractor)
Subject: Re: Problem building dotnet module using maven [npanday:211009]

yes, both versions work with with either 2005 or 2008 (or both, or in fact just the SDK if necessary). We'll consider revising the docs to make this clearer.

One thing to note with 1.1 is that there was a known issue with the repository release - you need to duplicate a couple of files, as listed in the release notes on the download page.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (npanday@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email npanday@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Does NPanday require both versions of Visual Studio and the SDK to compile?  I am still have major problems getting it to install or build on Window 7.

Coordinator
May 4, 2010 at 3:32 AM
correc00 wrote:

Does NPanday require both versions of Visual Studio and the SDK to compile?  I am still have major problems getting it to install or build on Window 7.

No. Theoretically just the Windows SDK / .NET SDK for the version you are targeting, but I've never tried it with that alone. I have it running on Windows 7 with just Visual Studio 2008 installed.

What errors are you getting when you try to compile the 1.1 source? Or are you trying something different at this point?

May 4, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I exported the latest development code from SVN and successfully built the project.  I finally got the plugin install in VS 2008 however it is buggy, such as selection of Change Maven settings.xml menu item then “Browse” closes the dialog box.  Since I have a working build I am going to abandon the VS plug-in for now and work from command line.  When do you expect to release 1.2? 

Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 10:33 PM
To: Chris Correale (IT Contractor)
Subject: Re: Problem building dotnet module using maven [npanday:211009]

correc00 wrote:

Does NPanday require both versions of Visual Studio and the SDK to compile? I am still have major problems getting it to install or build on Window 7.

No. Theoretically just the Windows SDK / .NET SDK for the version you are targeting, but I've never tried it with that alone. I have it running on Windows 7 with just Visual Studio 2008 installed.

What errors are you getting when you try to compile the 1.1 source? Or are you trying something different at this point?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (npanday@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email npanday@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
May 5, 2010 at 12:26 AM
correc00 wrote:

I exported the latest development code from SVN and successfully built the project.  I finally got the plugin install in VS 2008 however it is buggy, such as selection of Change Maven settings.xml menu item then “Browse” closes the dialog box.  Since I have a working build I am going to abandon the VS plug-in for now and work from command line.  When do you expect to release 1.2? 

We're targeting that in the next couple of weeks. However, there haven't been significant changes to the VS add-in, so we'd appreciate you filing any bugs you find there (unless they are already in the tracker).