Question about r54066

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Hi Liit,

I saw in this revision that you are hardcoding the public key (presumably for the .NET GAC artifacts):

else if ((reference.ProcessorArchitecture == null) && ("31bf3856ad364e35".Equals(reference.PublicKeyToken.ToLower(), StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase)))

What was the problem this was trying to solve? Would be good to have a comment in case we need to adjust this in the future. I'm hoping we can eventually remove those libraries from the GAC...

- Brett

Developer
Jun 13, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Hi Brett,

That fix will make the <type> to 'gac_msil' of those assemblies whose processor architecture is null but the public key is equivalent to "31bf3856ad364e35".

Previously, after import the <type> of those assemblies is gac instead of gac_msil.

Thanks,

liit

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Which assemblies are those? A quick google says ASP.NET. Is it possible that would affect anything it is not meant to? Is there potentially a different way to handle it?

I'm not that fussed with hard coding, but if there's a specific reason it needs to be I think it should be heavily commented in the code so it doesn't get broken later.