mvn dependency:purge-local-repository

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Hi,

My team has recently begun integration maven npanday as a build management solution.  I've extensive use with it in the Java arena and have come back to the .Net realm and felt it was a great solution outside of the use of MS Team Suite and building our own msbuild scripts.  The one thing I've noticed is that when creating a reference via the npanday plugin it will place the lib from the maven repository under a .references directory as well as in the .m2/repository directory.  This is fine until I check the code in and another developer pulls the latest snapshot out of the version system.  We've noticed that as we're iterating development and new versions of the same release candidate are pushed to the repository there is seemingly no way of refreshing the .m2/repository and the .references directory in the projects.  Classically in maven you can simply execute mvn dependency:purge-local-repository and this would handle this for you.  When executing this command with the npanday plugin for compile I've noticed nothing seems to happen via the command line.  Ideally a developer could pull a fresh snap of a codebase from a development branch and assuming all others are iterating appropriately with builds to the snapshot repository simply execute the command one time to sync the .references and the .m2/repository.

It's very possible that I'm missing something here and if I am please feel free to point it out.  Like I've said, I've just begun working with npanday so am very much a novice.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

dan

Developer
Aug 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM

The project has moved to the Apache Incubator.  Please re-post your question on the user list over there:  http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/mail-lists.html  -Wendy