Repository for NPanday artifacts

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:48 AM
I think it is important to have the most common artifacts deployed to a central repository. (e.g. nunit, log4net, nhibernate)

Are there any ideas where to put them? How about a security concept of this, who is allowed to deploy to this repository? Should we use the central maven repo?

Cheers,
     Christian
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2008 at 12:08 PM
since the format appears to be constant across implementations, and we had previously agreed in the incubator on the best way to do that, I believe uploading them to central is the right place.

I've posted a final notice to repo-maintainers that I intend to start doing this shortly. If you are able to prepare POMs for the projects you are interested in I'd be happy to review them so that we can expedite the upload process.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2008 at 1:23 PM
I have created this repository: https://npanday.svn.codeplex.com/svn/repository
There is a README.txt in the root for the current policies.

Let me know what you think!

For contributions, I think we can take patches against the repository, or the upload bundle format submitted via issues. I expect we'll have a low bar to committership for those willing to work on this area and have shown they know what to do.

In addition, Cédric had been discussing this with me for some time so when we started the project I invited him to join as well and we just got him set up. He's already prepared a couple of bundles and getting ready to check them in.

Welcome, Cédric! 
Editor
Dec 11, 2008 at 8:54 PM
Hi everybody and thanks for this welcoming mail Brett.

One of my first contribution will be to explain how to easily contribute NPanday artefacts. This way everybody out there will be able to populate maven repositories with dotnet libraries.
I will soon add log4net and xml-rpc artefacts.

Regards,
Cédric,

Editor
Dec 15, 2008 at 11:20 PM
Hello,

While making the artifacts (binary repacking only) I did use classifiers to specify the targeted framework. As for now I have the following ones: net-2.0, net-1.1, net-1.0, mono-2.0, mono-1.0, netcf-1.0, cli-1.0 and sscli-1.0. I think we can also have net-3.0 and net-3.5.
Is everybody okay with that? If yes do you know some other classifier values that I forget?

Why did I do all these classifiers for the artifacts I am making? Because I am not a dotnet developer and I supposed that if someone released different binaries it is beacause there is a reason.
Why didn't I do a "default classifier" (read a no classifier version) ? Good question ... still because I am not a dotnet developer and then do not know if one of the previous classifiers can be considered as a default one. If you have the answer let me know it.

Once done with that classifier topic I will add the result in the Convention documents.

Regards,
Cédric,

PS: https://npanday.svn.codeplex.com/svn/repository