To make Visual Studio's Intellisense work with the nPanday POM file follow the steps below.
1. Download the definition file or .xsd from http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.9/maven-model/maven.html for Maven 2.0
2. Save it to [Visual Studio Install Location]\XML\Schemas
3. Open up a pom.xml file and the intellisense should work for you.
If the intellisense does not work follow these steps.
1. Make sure you got the right xsd, it should be named maven-v4_0_0.xsd.
2. Internet Explorer renamed the file when I downloaded it with an .xml extention, rename it with the .xsd extention.
3. In the properties window in Visual Studio click the Schemas Property. Make sure there is a check mark in the Use column for http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
This makes editing of the POM much easier if you don't have the format memorized.