Jan 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2009 at 1:26 AM
I am now building from trunk, and have encountered the following additional issues.
I tried to generate a site report for plugins\maven-vsinstaller-plugin and found the reports were configured to use an incorrect version of maven-plugin-plugin. This appears to be a simple bug introduced by a copy/replace accross the pom file(s).
The change needs to be made in plugins\pom.xml
Assuming it wouldn't introduce any clashes elsewhere, the version should really be provided higher up in the top level pom in pluginDependencyManagement.
When I tried to install the VisualStudio plugin using:
I discovered the .NET assemblies in the assemblies subdirectory needed to be digitally signed so the maven-vsinstaller-plugin can place them into the GAC.
Rather than specify the keyfile in assemblies/pom.xml in the configuration of the compiler I instead simply passed it on the command line using the keyfile property.
#Create keyfile with public/private key
prompt>sn -k MyKeyfile.snk
prompt>mvn install -DMicrosoft -DVisualStudio2005 -Dkeyfile=C:\npandaycheckoutdir\MyKeyfile.snk
#Reattempt VisualStudio plugin installation
As I have implemented additional fixes below, I am now finding another problem with the maven-vsinstaller-plugin. For some reason it is encountering problems resolving NPanday.Plugins:NPanday.Plugin.Settings:pom:0.9-SNAPSHOT. To figure this out I
am going to have to take a much harder look at how the maven-vsinstaller-plugin is working, likely running it in IntelliJ to help sort things out. Its getting late so I'm going to quit for now. Hopefully some other brave soul who already understands this code
will get to it before I do. My personal email is jcarpenter621 remove this @ yahoo.com
Towards the bottom bootstrap-build.bat has an "Installing 3rd Party Assemblies in the Local Repo" section in which it runs a npanday specific install plugin. The group name should be changed from npanday.plugins to npanday.plugin.
cmd /C mvn.bat npanday.plugins:maven-install-plugin:install-file ...
cmd /C mvn.bat npanday.plugin:maven-install-plugin:install-file ...
pom-dotnet.xml still has a reference to org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins:maven-compile-plugin change this to npanday.plugin:maven-compile-plugin
When the org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins groupId was renamed to npanday.plugin several files were not updated as they should have been. This includes the plexus files in the maven-compile-plugin and maven-aspx-plugin modules.
While looking around I also noticed these plexus files don't reflect the change of the NPanday.Plugins groupId to it's lower case singular form npanday.plugin.
To resolve these problems edit the following two files and replace "org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins:" and "NPanday.Plugins:" with "npanday.plugin:"
If you search all files in the project for org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins you will find a few more usages in documentation, etc. which don't appear to affect the build. If I had commit access I might just clean all this up and commit them back. Since I
don't, I'll leave this as an exercise for someone who does. Prior to locking things down one should ensure the groupId and artifactId case and plural/singular forms match the desired conventions. Prior to checking in the changes, it is critical you destroy
your local repo caches and rerun the bootstrap from scratch. Failure to do this ends up with old versions of the same build version disguising the problems.
Due to the crude way bootstrap-build.bat processes it's command line arguments, it is critical that -DMicrosoft be the first option.
The following example syntax should work.
prompt>bootstrap-build.bat -DMicrosoft -DVisualStudio2005 -Dkeyfile=C:\npandaycheckoutdir\MyKeyfile.snk