Encountered problems with 0.9 embedder

Editor
Dec 31, 2008 at 1:03 AM
In the README for the 0.9 NPanday release I am told to drop the dotnet-service-embedder.war into an J2EE app container (i.e. tomcat).

Upon further inspection I find the following issues:

1) components/dotnet-service/embedder was never built during the bootstrap build.

2) org.apache.maven.dotnet:maven-embedder has an invalid pom because no version is directly or indirectly specified for org.apache.maven:maven-embedder

3) The none of the versions of org.apache.maven:maven-embedder available on maven central contain all the classes referenced by the module's code.  As an example org.apache.maven.dotnet.embedder.impl.MavenEmbedderServiceImpl has an import for org.apache.maven.embedder.Configuration which can't be found.  It is interesting to note that the latest version of org.apache.maven:maven-embedder is 2.0.4 released way back in 07-May-2006.

4) The components/dotnet-service/embedder directory has been deleted from the trunk of the NPanday SVN repo.

Can someone please give me a bit of guidance here?  The README is obviously out of date.
Developer
Dec 31, 2008 at 4:04 AM
[I replied via email hours ago, but it hasn't appeared on the site yet.  Apologies if it eventually posts twice.]

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 6:03 PM, nawkboy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

> In the README for the 0.9 NPanday release I am told to drop the
> dotnet-service-embedder.war into an J2EE app container (i.e. tomcat).

As far as I know, there's no webservices component anymore, so it's
probably just old info in the README.

I am curious about an 0.9 _release_ though... there was some
discussion [1] about doing one, but I never saw a candidate to review
(vote on? do we do that here?) or an announcement.  There's no tag for
it [2] and the poms still have version 0.9-SNAPSHOT.  Melvin?

IMO you're better off working with the trunk code than the zip file
from Dec 11th on the releases page.   Based on the state of the
repository and the description ("first look"), I think it's just a
snapshot.

[1] http://www.codeplex.com/npanday/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=41730
[2] https://npanday.svn.codeplex.com/svn/tags

--
Wendy
Editor
Dec 31, 2008 at 9:00 PM
The zip file on the releases page is indeed a snapshot version.

Can you please describe the process needed to register the VisualStudio AddIn?  Is it still done using
"mvn org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins:maven-vsinstaller-plugin:install"?

Can you please identify a good example C# module following the current conventions which keep Visual Studio happy?
I'm guessing the archetypes will be out of date.
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2009 at 5:39 AM
The archetypes are still supported there were no changes in them.  After the re brand the install would be mvn npanday.plugin:maven-vsinstaller-plugin:install

A newly created simple console application project and then import the project would work fine.
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2009 at 5:46 AM

On 06/01/2009, at 4:39 PM, jocaba wrote:

The archetypes are still supported there were no changes in them. After the re brand the install would be mvn npanday.plugin:maven-vsinstaller-plugin:install

A newly created simple console application project and then import the project would work fine.
Could the installer plugin be replaced with an MSI based installer?

Cheers,
Brett

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Yes we are also including that in the road map to include that in the next release.

Thanks,
Joe