Release Guidelines

Editor
Jan 20, 2009 at 8:23 AM
Hello,

I've been to the release guidelines page (http://www.codeplex.com/npanday/Wiki/View.aspx?title=NPanday%20Release%20Guidelines&version=1) and I would like to make a proposition concerning:
  • Copy Rights - on all source code
  • Licenses - on all source code
    I specially modified (I am developer on it) the maven-license-plugin to support non java files (like CSharp). This plugin inserts (verifies ... ) copyright headers on source file.

Is this okay to setup it on NPanday?

Regards,
    Cedric,
  • Coordinator
    Jan 21, 2009 at 4:49 AM
    I think it's a great idea.

We do need to exercise some care here though - the original licenses need to be retained.
    Editor
    Jan 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    Hi,

isn't everything ASF2?

Cedric,

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 6:49 AM, brettporter <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I think it's a great idea.

We do need to exercise some care here though - the original licenses need to be retained.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (npanday@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email npanday@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
    Jan 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    Yes, however that was licensed to the ASF - I don't believe we can remove that header. Likewise, new code shouldn't be "licensed to the ASF". I'll review and see what the simplest way to express this without dropping any of the history.