MVC support for VisualStudio 2008

Editor
Jan 26, 2009 at 4:29 AM
MVC is one feature that we have used VS2008 for web application.

i changed the ProjectImporter so it would support import MVC project type.
and when i build it, seems to be working well. the only problem was the dll that is needed for the MVC, is added by the importer as a local copy. so the direct file path of the dll is place as a dependency. one way to solve this is to add the MVC dll to you repo and remove the filepath in the dependency.  you will need to install the MVC dll for this.

Is adding support for new project type that are in VS2008 part of are roadmap?

MVC, WPF and WCF to name a few of the project type that can be created in VS2008 and not supported by the NPanday.

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:33 PM
My opinion it should be.  I believe that if nPanday is going to be a viable solution it is important for it to continue to evolve with Visual Studio.
Developer
Feb 17, 2009 at 9:13 PM
This seems like something NPanday needs to do, so I opened a couple of issues to track support for WPF and WCF type projects:

WPF http://www.codeplex.com/npanday/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9270
WCF http://www.codeplex.com/npanday/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9271

--
Wendy

Editor
Feb 18, 2009 at 1:49 AM
bad news about compiling with WPF. it can't be done by csc alone specially if there are marck up files (xaml).  as stated in a msdn article below.

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:32 AM
Well in that case a plugin for MSBuild might be a good idea.
Developer
Feb 18, 2009 at 3:42 AM
Would support for MSBuild be just a plugin, or a larger design decision across the project?

--
Wendy

Editor
Feb 18, 2009 at 3:46 AM
i was thinking the samething. this will also solved the problem with machines without VisualStudio. since msbuild is bundled with .net Framework.
but this is will need a big changed in npanday. 
Developer
Feb 18, 2009 at 4:06 AM
If someone wants to start on that I'd suggest doing it on a branch.

I'd really like to see the trunk released as 1.0 before a large change like this is made.  It seemed like we were headed that way, there was a 0.9.5 release and then a release candidate with VS 2008 support, but nothing recently.  Are there any plans for another release candidate?

--
Wendy