NPanday needs to be more synchronized and automated.

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2009 at 5:45 AM
Each time there is a new addition like a resx or other sources to the project, it will not be reflected towards the pom and if you would do a re import the needed tags like scm and the version of the parent tags.

Our final goal would be to have npanday running on the background. All the user has to do is import the project and if the user has any modifications done in VS then it should be reflected in the pom. At the moment this is only applicable with references.

If ever we also need to re import then tags like scm, parents and other important tags should be preserved.

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2009 at 5:58 AM
Copied to issue: NPanday Synchronized and Automated so we could keep track of it.
Developer
Feb 6, 2009 at 6:12 PM
> Copied to issue: NPanday Synchronized and Automated so we could keep track of it.

This looks like a few different issues.  It might be better to separate them:
- addition/change/deletion of resx in VS should be automatically reflected in the pom

I'm less sure about these:
- project importer should preserve <parent> element in top level pom
- project importer should preserve <scm> elements in all poms

It seems useful right now because you have to re-import so much.  But IMO ideally importing should be a one-time thing at the beginning, and then the Addin keeps the poms up to date after that.

Having to re-import means a failure somewhere, possibly we should concentrate on that instead?

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:18 PM
It would be cool, if on first import you could specify the items for the <parent> and <scm> or if/where they can be automatically generated that would be even better.

But I agree with Wendy that if we can get it to where we only import once that would be ideal.

A few items that need to be sync'd off the top of my head are.
- Adding a signing key via the project properties window.
- Changing of the framework version via the project properties window in VS 08
- Basically anything that can be done in the project properties windows that will effect the build of the project.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 1:45 AM
We could use this issue Project Importer Enhancement to keep track of adding the configurable tags such as <parent> <scm>