HelloWorld tutorial?

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Does it exist a documentation How/To tutorial in order to create a first HelloWorld Maven Project in VS using NPanday addin ?
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 1:37 AM
Just use the same hello world app in VS then import the project, there will be a generated pom.xml that will be responsible for compiling the code using maven.

I'm glad to see that you were able to start using NPanday.

Thanks,

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:37 AM
>then import the project,

I've error not found file (in italian language altough i've installed VS english) when i click on "Generate POMs". What file?
thanks in advance
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2009 at 3:45 AM
Hi,

Could you post the directory structure of the project that you tried to import. It could be that the solution file or the project file is following a directory structure that is not supported.

Also attaching the project some issue would be a great help in finding out the cause to your error.

Thanks,
Feb 10, 2009 at 8:55 AM
Ok.

I've attached any screenshot to this link.. google doc

Thanks in advance again.

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Hi,

Did you check the checkbox Create Directory for Solution?

I can't get the directory structure (solution file, project file locations) from the screen shot.

Also have you configured your environment variables?
Feb 10, 2009 at 10:01 AM
>Did you check the checkbox Create Directory for Solution?

i don't know where can I check it.

>I can't get the directory structure (solution file, project file locations) from the screen shot.
i've attached another screenshot in the google doc with the directory structure expanded

>Also have you configured your environment variables?
in WindowsXP i setted:

JAVA_HOME=C:\Programmi\Java\jdk1.6.0_10
M2_HOME=C:\apache-maven-2.0.9
Path=C:\Programmi\ThinkPad\Utilities;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\S
ystem32\Wbem;C:\apache-maven-2.0.9\bin;C:\Programmi\Scala\bin;

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2009 at 2:08 AM
For the Create Directory Solution it can be seen during new project and you select the project type that you want, it is in the lower right corner of the dialog box.

For the directory structure, I meant to ask if your project file and source code are located in the default C:\Documents and Settings\computer\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects
If so during the creation of the project you could select a new location because NPanday cannot view it from there.

For Environment Variables:

VisualStudio2005 = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\VCPackages;C:\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\apache-maven-2.0.9\bin;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin";"C:\Program Files\NUnit 2.4.8\bin";C:\Program Files\CollabNet Subversion;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\Downloads\eclipse;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCPackages;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\CollabNet Subversion;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_09\bin

CLASSPATH =%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%M2_HOME%\bin;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin";"C:\Program Files\NUnit 2.4.8\bin";%VisualStudio2005%

Hope this helps,

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:46 PM
I setted adapting to my installation the CLASSPATH and other enviuronment variables adding in the PATH = my path ; %VISUALSTUDIO2005% and it run successfully.
Just now.. it give me an error due to missing gac_smil dependency . (i think it it resolved in 0.96)

However pom is generated.
I perform a Maven Phase--> Build and i receive this essor:

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/npanday/plugin/NPanday.Plugin.Devenv/0.9.5/NPanday.Plugin.Devenv-0.9.5.pom
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/npanday/plugin/NPanday.Plugin.Devenv/0.9.5/NPanday.Plugin.Devenv-0.9.5.dll
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] NPANDAY-180-020: Problem in resolving artifact: Assembly Artifact Id = NPanday.Plugin.Devenv, Type = netplugin, Local Path Check = C:\Documents and Settings\RPicardi\.m2\uac\gac_msil\NPanday.Plugin.Devenv\0.9.5__npanday.plugin\NPanday.Plugin.Devenv.dll, Message = Unable to download the artifact from any repository

thanks in advance

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:10 PM
fixed running bottstrap bat file that i find in 0.95 src dist zip. so i performed from VS Build and Install successfull.

So standalon installer of VS2005 addin NPanday 0.95  is not sufficient to run successfully the addin in VS?