Critical Error on Configure Remote Repository

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Hi,

I installed Artifactory as remote repository and I tried to add a maven artifact using NPanday 0.95 on VS2005 ENG on my solution references.

I switch on "Configure Repository" , insert URL  (real or not real) of my repository and click on UPDATE. i receive a critical error that force to close VS.

On this google page i attached in sequence some screenshot.

Thanks in advance.
Developer
Feb 12, 2009 at 4:49 PM
I'm not having a problem with adding artifacts from a remote repo, but I'm using 1. Archiva, and 2. the code from trunk which is newer than 0.9.5.

If you're able to build the code from trunk yourself, that would be your best bet.  Then you can help fix bugs. :)

Otherwise I'd suggest nudging the developers to do another release, or at least a release candidate, with installers.

Is there a public Artifactory instance somewhere I can try to reproduce this with, just to add the url?  Even if it doesn't work with Artifactory, it should give an error message, not crash like that.

--
Wendy

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM
I don't know if it is an artifactory repository public but the problem remains. In fact if I insert a url as "gfgs" clicking on update i receive critical error.
Do you think that the problem can be related to first error that i receive on the first screenshot? http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd5jq875_285ddfrd6p9
Developer
Feb 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM
Quite possibly!  It does try to write to your settings.xml file.  Do you have one?

If not, try copying the settings.xml from %M2_HOME%\conf\settings.xml to C:\Documents and files\[userid]\.m2\settings.xml and see if that helps.

--
Wendy
Feb 12, 2009 at 10:59 PM
Thanks . Fixed copying the settings.xml from %M2_HOME%\conf\settings.xml to C:\Documents and files\[userid]\.m2\settings.xml  .
Great!

In configure remote repository tab i perform update and i see artifacts on Local tab. What is REMOTE tab? It is always empty. Is it normal?

Developer
Feb 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM, [email removed] wrote:

> In configure remote repository tab i perform update and i see artifacts on
> Local tab. What is REMOTE tab? It is always empty. Is it normal?

The 'remote' tab should be showing you artifacts from the remote repo
you configured. It's possible that this only works with Archiva at
this time.

Can you open issues for both of these things? (The hard crash when
settings.xml is missing, and the fact that it doesn't seem to work
with Artifactory.)

--
Wendy