Project Importer import the current version

May 15, 2009 at 7:13 PM

It would be very nice if the project importer would import the current version of a project.  As I convert my projects to use NPanday currently I need to update the POMs to the correct version, it would be much easier if the project importer would read the AssemblyInfo file and use that version in the POM.

Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 6:04 AM

Yes we could add this to the list of enhancements, Perhaps the behavior could go something like this;

-  It will just go to a default version of 1.0-SNAPSHOT if there is no assemblyinfo file.

- We could also introduce a new textbox that would include the version that would get the version of the current one if found.

- The version that will be placed in the pom will then be dependent on the textfield during project import.

What do you guys think?

May 18, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I like it.

Editor
May 19, 2009 at 2:49 AM

What IF...

We removed the Generate Pom Window.

Once the solution is loaded AND the NPanday AddIn is Activated we check if there is an existing pom.xml file. if not we ask the user if he wants to convert his project to a maven project. "Do you want your project to be a Maven Project?" then the textbox for the GroupId will popout if he clicks yes then the windo where they select the Test Project. but if its already has a pom, we ask him if he wants to sync his project (this question is not really neccessary just added it for discussion).

Any changes with project will be sync to the pom.xml. Except for the Property page of the Project (which we can't sync yet).

We Add a new Form. actually something like the Object Viewer in Visual Studio. where there is treeview in the right panel. But in the right is actually a Pom Viewer.This will be the page where the user can edit the pom of each of the project. he can update the pom.  Adding Parent tags, SCM tags, Build Tags, where he can see the plugins if we wants to. this is some what a window for advance NPanday user.