NPanday 1.0.1-RC1 is ready for testing

Coordinator
May 21, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Hi Everyone,

The RC for 1.0.1 is now ready for testing

you can get the source code here https://npanday.svn.codeplex.com/svn/tags/npanday_1_0_1_RC1

We would highly appreciate your inputs regarding the testing.

Note: We are also aware of the problem we are having with some of the users have trouble with the installation of NPanday. We will be scheduling to create a more detailed documentation as to how to build it.

Feel free to put in your suggestions and comments

Thanks,

May 21, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Hi,

Let me say first of all that I think you guys are doing a great job! Congrats on having a new release candidate!

However... as one of those users who has now spent 2 days fighting with all kinds of quirks with your installation (I had to go in and manually remove the path value in your "components/dotnet-registry" POM, I think it would be great if you guys could prioritize getting the install process nailed down and properly documented. Right now, we're trying to determine whether to roll this out to the larger team but if people are having problems getting your project installed in the first place, there will be fewer people who can give input on your new releases and the NPanday community suffers because people (who are always under deadlines) will simply go off and reinvent the wheel or use a less desirable but working alternative.

Again, great job but it would be WONDERFUL if you guys could resolve the documentation around the installation Thanks!

-Scott