Removing Popup warnings

Jul 10, 2009 at 10:51 PM

There are a lot of popup warnings and to me they seem to slow the process down and/or make it less enjoyable.  The one that is annoying me the most right now the is Unsupported items warning when re-importing a project and having the solution level pom included in the project.

My suggestion is to remove that warning that I have to click OK on and move the warning to the NPanday Build System output window.  There are 2 options I am thinking of.

1. Some warning output to the output window and popups removed.

2. All warnings output to the output window and all popups removed, but if there were warnings say during the project import process, then when complete a popup is shown say that there were warnings generated during the import.

I just find that there are a lot of warnings, some of them very important and contain some information that maybe needed later.  Once you click ok it is gone.  It would be nice to be able to look at the output window and read/copy that information from there.

Also from a usability standpoint the user doesn't have to keep clicking on warnings and makes the system seem less clunky.

Would also be nice to log any errors durring import or any other non-build process to this window.  I believe that errors should always show popups though.

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Hi cbown75,

I agree with what you said, thanks for bringing it up. I think that displaying the warning after the project import is finished would be better than to have them pop up in a different window.

Also displaying them in the output window would work as well. We will make a task for this one.

Thanks,