Improve Integration Tests

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2009 at 3:01 AM

Hi Everyone,

We have noticed that there are a lot of parts of the codes that does not have integration testing and some of the existing tests are already failing because of the behavior changes. So we will update those tests and also add new tests to accommodate the growth of NPanday.

Thanks,

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2009 at 3:22 AM
is there an issue for this where we can track progress?

On 14/09/2009, at 1:01 PM, jocaba wrote:

Hi Everyone,

We have noticed that there are a lot of parts of the codes that does not have integration testing and some of the existing tests are already failing because of the behavior changes. So we will update those tests and also add new tests to accommodate the growth of NPanday.

Thanks,

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (npanday@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email npanday@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Sep 16, 2009 at 3:26 AM
On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 8:01 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> We have noticed that there are a lot of parts of the codes that does not
> have integration testing and some of the existing tests are already failing
> because of the behavior changes. So we will update those tests and also add
> new tests to accommodate the growth of NPanday.

That sounds great! I was wondering about integration testing recently
because of the example attached to issue 10603 about embedded resource
files. I looked around in the code but it's not clear how and where
to add this example as an integration test.

You mentioned that the existing tests are failing. Can someone
document how to run the existing tests and see that happen?

--
Wendy
Developer
Sep 23, 2009 at 2:40 AM

ping?  If someone can give minimal instructions on how to run the integration tests that are there, even if they fail, it would give people somewhere to start. Or let me know if this is on a wiki page that I've missed...  -Wendy

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2009 at 3:04 AM

actually, while the current ITs do run I made some improvements to make them more like the Maven Core ITs. Let me take a few days to try and get that re-incorporated into trunk and we can go from there.

Developer
Sep 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM
brettporter wrote:

actually, while the current ITs do run I made some improvements to make them more like the Maven Core ITs. Let me take a few days to try and get that re-incorporated into trunk and we can go from there.

Which ones?  There is an "integration-tests" directory and a "npanday-its" directory.  The latter looks more promising as there's a pom.xml file at the top.  Thanks for working on them, let us know when there is more info.

-- 
Wendy 

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2009 at 11:10 PM

On 26/09/2009, at 9:38 AM, wsmoak wrote:

brettporter wrote:

Which ones? There is an "integration-tests" directory and a "npanday-its" directory. The latter looks more promising as there's a pom.xml file at the top. Thanks for working on them, let us know when there is more info.

Yes, the latter is the one that we should be adding to from now on. What I haven't done is migrate the others over there - there was work that I did on NMaven trunk at the incubator that didn't come across with the move.

- Brett