Add maven artifact ->Remote

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Procedure:

1) open "add maven artifact" from the context menu

2) click the remote tab

3) error message: "Sorry, but you cannot Access Remote Repository without a Settings.xml file"

and note that the "Configure Repository" tab is blank.

However, I've set the settings.xml file using the option in the context menu, and npanday is using the settings.xml file to do a build (which seems to work, thus I'm pretty sure my settings.xml file is valid).  What am I missing?

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Hi,

The location where in NPanday is expecting to find the settings.xml would be in the C:\Documents and Settings\<current_user>\.m2\settings.xml

Is your settings.xml located here?

Cheers,

Joe

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:49 PM

That is where my settings.xml file is located.  Maven also seems to be able to read it.

-Ben

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Hi Ben,

Did the proper tagging of m2_home attached in your environment variable path fix this issue?

Oct 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Proper setting of m2_home fixed the "path1 not found" error mentioned in other threads, but not this one.  For some reason npanday can find the settings.xml file when it does an install/build/test but not when it searches for remote repositories.  I've cut back on troubleshooting this for now - need to get some real work done.

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM

Ok, When you have the time again can you send us a copy of your settings.xml or something that we can test with on our end.

Thanks,

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Has anyone found a resolution to the remote repository problem?

I am having a similar issue with adding artifacts from a remote repository. The "remote" tab complains that it cannot access remote repository without a Settings.xml file. The "configure repository" tab is completely blank.

I've checked the settings file and it is definetly valid and when I run mvn compile or mvn install from command line it does download the dependencies from my remote Nexus repository.

I'm using VS 2008 SP1, NPanday plugin 1.0.2, Maven 2.2.1 and have access to a company wide Nexus repository.

The M2_HOME is pointing at my local maven installation and M2 is pointing at the maven's \bin folder.

BTW, I also write Java apps and download dependencies from Nexus using m2Eclipse plugin without any issues.