SNAPSHOT' in one of the POMs.

I think it'd be worth keeping the practice of discussing anything here
before releasing it.

Cheers,
Brett
Developer
Nov 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Hi Brett,

Sorry for the confusion. The version '2.1-SNAPSHOT' in the pom.xml was a typo-error.  I've already reverted the version of NPanday-ITs to match that of NPanday.

Is it ok if we'll have a release for NPanday-ITs?

Thanks,

Adelita

Developer
Nov 19, 2009 at 4:34 AM

I can see tagging them along with a release, but I'm not sure they need to be released separately.  Just for comparison, how does the Apache Maven project handle this?

What would releasing them now accomplish?  Are we saying that the current revision of the tests goes with the most recent release?

-- 
Wendy 

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM
My opinion is that we should release the set of ITs that successfully pass for the release (ie, release the ITs *after* the main release), with the corresponding version number. That way if we add new tests that happen to pass on old versions, we still know what our expectations were at the time.

Does that make sense?

So the version now seems right (1.1-SNAPSHOT), but the tags for 1.0 and 1.0.1 probably should be removed as I read in the commit logs that they were not completed releases?

- Brett

On 19/11/2009, at 3:34 PM, wsmoak wrote:

I can see tagging them along with a release, but I'm not sure they need to be released separately. Just for comparison, how does the Apache Maven project handle this?

What would releasing them now accomplish? Are we saying that the current revision of the tests goes with the most recent release?

--
Wendy

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (npanday@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email npanday@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Nov 20, 2009 at 2:50 AM

Hi Brett,

Yes, it makes sense.  That would be the process in releasing the ITs.

Regarding the tags, I will delete 1.0 and 1.0.1.

Thanks,

Adelita