Dedicated Continuous Integration Server

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Hi Everyone,

We are currently setting up a continuous integration server that will hold the trunk and branches of the npanday source code.

We will be using this as the new way of doing a release and will also set up as a remote repository for the needed components to install npanday.

Also related to this is the list for notifications, currently we don't have a mailing list and we only depend on the discussion boards.

Any suggestion towards the mailing list?

Thanks,

Developer
Jan 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Since we already combine dev and user discussions here, I wouldn't like to see this list cluttered with automated notifications.

There are other places that host mailing lists, such as Nabble.  In fact I think I set up npanday-notifications over there once to send svn commit diff emails, it might still be there.

Is email the only notification option?

Thanks,
-- 
Wendy 

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2010 at 5:10 PM

On 09/01/2010, at 12:53 AM, wsmoak wrote:

Since we already combine dev and user discussions here, I wouldn't like to see this list cluttered with automated notifications.

There are other places that host mailing lists, such as Nabble. In fact I think I set up npanday-notifications over there once to send svn commit diff emails, it might still be there.

Is email the only notification option?

I think I'd prefer IRC + email directly to the committers that made changes that triggered the build.

- Brett