Trouble with Integration Tests

Developer
Jan 22, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Following the instructions I gleaned from Brett I checked out https://npanday.svn.codeplex.com/svn/npanday-its/trunk and ran 'mvn test -Prun-its -Dnpanday.version=1.1'

My results are:

Tests in error:
  testWithResourceFile(npanday.its.NPandayITWithResourceFileTest)
  testResGenWithErrorInFileName(npanday.its.NPandayIT9903ResGenWithErrorInFileNameTest)
  testWebAppInstall(npanday.its.NPandayITWebAppInstallTest)

Tests run: 10, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0

I'm having trouble interpreting the output.  For the first one, the relevant bit might be:

Test Case Failures:
1) ClassLibrary1.Class1.test : System.Security.SecurityException : Request failed.
at ClassLibrary1.Class1.test()


[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] NPANDAY-1100-007: There are test failures.

NPANDAY-040-001: Could not execute: Command = CMD.EXE /X /C nunit-console F:\svn\npanday-its\target\test-classes\WithResourceFile\ClassLibrary1\target/test-assemblies\ClassLibrary1.dll /xml:F:\svn\npanday-its\target\test-classes\WithResourceFile\ClassLibrary1\target\nunit-reports\TEST-ClassLibrary1-1.0-SNAPSHOT.xml /output:F:\svn\npanday-its\target\test-classes\WithResourceFile\ClassLibrary1\target\nunit-reports\TEST-ClassLibrary1-1.0-SNAPSHOT-RESULTS.txt /err:F:\svn\npanday-its\target\test-classes\WithResourceFile\ClassLibrary1\target\nunit-reports\TEST-ClassLibrary1-1.0-SNAPSHOT-ERROR.txt /labels, Result = 1

The F:\ drive here is actually my home directory in the host OS.  (Windows XP in VMWare Fusion on Mac OS X)

Any ideas?  Typical Windows strangeness about file permissions maybe?

Thanks,
--
Wendy

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Are you saying f:\ is actually on mac, vs part of your windows xp vm drives? That would probably explain any permission problems.

On 23/01/2010, at 9:30 AM, wsmoak wrote:

From: wsmoak

Following the instructions I gleaned from Brett I checked out https://npanday.svn.codeplex.com/svn/npanday-its/trunk and ran 'mvn test -Prun-its -Dnpanday.version=1.1'

My results are:

Tests in error:
testWithResourceFile(npanday.its.NPandayITWithResourceFileTest)
testResGenWithErrorInFileName(npanday.its.NPandayIT9903ResGenWithErrorInFileNameTest)
testWebAppInstall(npanday.its.NPandayITWebAppInstallTest)

Tests run: 10, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0

I'm having trouble interpreting the output. For the first one, the relevant bit might be:

Test Case Failures:
1) ClassLibrary1.Class1.test : System.Security.SecurityException : Request failed.
at ClassLibrary1.Class1.test()


[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] NPANDAY-1100-007: There are test failures.

NPANDAY-040-001: Could not execute: Command = CMD.EXE /X /C nunit-console F:\svn\npanday-its\target\test-classes\WithResourceFile\ClassLibrary1\target/test-assemblies\ClassLibrary1.dll /xml:F:\svn\npanday-its\target\test-classes\WithResourceFile\ClassLibrary1\target\nunit-reports\TEST-ClassLibrary1-1.0-SNAPSHOT.xml /output:F:\svn\npanday-its\target\test-classes\WithResourceFile\ClassLibrary1\target\nunit-reports\TEST-ClassLibrary1-1.0-SNAPSHOT-RESULTS.txt /err:F:\svn\npanday-its\target\test-classes\WithResourceFile\ClassLibrary1\target\nunit-reports\TEST-ClassLibrary1-1.0-SNAPSHOT-ERROR.txt /labels, Result = 1

The F:\ drive here is actually my home directory in the host OS. (Windows XP in VMWare Fusion on Mac OS X)

Any ideas? Typical Windows strangeness about file permissions maybe?

Thanks,
--
Wendy

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (npanday@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email npanday@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com



Developer
Jan 25, 2010 at 3:44 AM
On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: brettporter
>
> Are you saying f:\ is actually on mac, vs part of your windows xp vm drives?
> That would probably explain any permission problems.

Yes, f:\ is the same as /Users/wsmoak, shared through VMWare Fusion.
I don't see why that would cause permission problems (I'm able to edit
files and update my svn checkout normally) but I'll do a fresh
checkout on C:\ which is within the VMWare image, and try the
integration tests from there.

--
Wendy
Coordinator
Jan 25, 2010 at 3:56 AM


On 25/01/2010, at 3:44 PM, wsmoak wrote:

From: wsmoak

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: brettporter
>
> Are you saying f:\ is actually on mac, vs part of your windows xp vm drives?
> That would probably explain any permission problems.

Yes, f:\ is the same as /Users/wsmoak, shared through VMWare Fusion.
I don't see why that would cause permission problems (I'm able to edit
files and update my svn checkout normally) but I'll do a fresh
checkout on C:\ which is within the VMWare image, and try the
integration tests from there.
Ok. BTW, such short path names are not always required - I'm able to do everything under c:\users\brett\scm\codeplex\npanday-its, for example.

- Brett


Developer
Jan 27, 2010 at 6:03 PM

... and they all pass when run from c:\svn\npanday-its within the VM.  :::shrug:::

Since these are in a separate trunk, is the intention to release (or at least tag) them along with the main trunk each time so it's clear what tests go with which version?

-- 
Wendy