Importer does not pop-up when building a project without a pom

Developer
Feb 10, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Hi,

I've noticed that when building a project without a pom, an error pops-up but the 'Generate Pom' window doesn't.  I think the proper behavior is that when building a project without a pom, an error will pop up, then after clicking OK, the 'Generate Pom' window will pop too. 

This goes for both C# and VB projects.

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2010 at 9:23 AM
Two dialogs is a bit jarring - I would go with either:

a) the generate pom dialog comes straight up, explaining that the project must first have a POM before NPanday can build it
b) the NPanday build options are greyed out when there is no POM

On 10/02/2010, at 7:56 PM, apadilla wrote:

Hi,

I've noticed that when building a project without a pom, an error pops-up but the 'Generate Pom' window doesn't. I think the proper behavior is that when building a project without a pom, an error will pop up, then after clicking OK, the 'Generate Pom' window will pop too.

This goes for both C# and VB projects.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (npanday@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email npanday@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Feb 11, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Hi Brett,

I'd go or option b.  Do we wait for the others to vote or is it ok if I create an issue for this?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 1:28 AM
apadilla wrote:

Hi Brett,

I'd go or option b.  Do we wait for the others to vote or is it ok if I create an issue for this?

Thanks!

I think you should be fine to create an issue straight away (there is a "copy to work item" in the forum). People can provide their comments on how it should be implemented there.