Next Release(s)

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Hi,

When releasing NPanday 1.1, I used the default next version of 1.2, and the issue tracker reflects that. I wanted to start a discussion about what the next release(s) should be.

Currently, there are 5 issues fixed in 1.2, with 11 more scheduled. Is there any in there that should be deferred, or some that should be promoted?

What should the goals of this release and future releases be?

Taking a look, I'd like to suggest the following:

• keep a short list of improvements for 1.2 that can be worked on now
  • start planning for bigger issues in the next release - such as the removal of RDF, and the pab and uac directories

Since the latter will take some time I'd rather not put it into 1.2 as those fixes might not get released for some time otherwise - but we should start figuring out the plan of attack on the bigger issues soon.

What do others think?

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM

+1 on keeping the list short for improvements on 1.2

We could aim for a more stable build now that we are using the new release method.

For the next version after 1.2 we could also maybe put in some changes of the plugin behaviors as of now it is using a lot of configuration and are not behaving in a maven like manner as much as we would want it.

Maybe with the change of the removal of the RDF,pab,uac we could have that as the npanday 2.0?

Developer
Feb 12, 2010 at 12:43 AM
On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 5:40 AM, [email removed] wrote:

> When releasing NPanday 1.1, I used the default next version of 1.2, and the
> issue tracker reflects that. I wanted to start a discussion about what the
> next release(s) should be.
>

Have we finished the 1.1 release yet? I did some work on the site,
but never saw an announcement.

--
Wendy
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 12:55 AM
The announcement is the only thing left.

On 12/02/2010, at 12:43 PM, wsmoak wrote:

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 5:40 AM, [email removed] wrote:

> When releasing NPanday 1.1, I used the default next version of 1.2, and the
> issue tracker reflects that. I wanted to start a discussion about what the
> next release(s) should be.
>

Have we finished the 1.1 release yet? I did some work on the site,
but never saw an announcement.

--
Wendy

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (npanday@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email npanday@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2010 at 3:06 AM
jocaba wrote:

+1 on keeping the list short for improvements on 1.2

We could aim for a more stable build now that we are using the new release method.

Cool - so does anyone have an opinion on the 12 issues assigned to 1.2 - should we keep them all or can some be postponed?

Is there anything from the backlog you'd like incorporated?

What about [workitem:11779], which is new - should that be included, or put into the backlog?

jocaba wrote:

For the next version after 1.2 we could also maybe put in some changes of the plugin behaviors as of now it is using a lot of configuration and are not behaving in a maven like manner as much as we would want it.

Maybe with the change of the removal of the RDF,pab,uac we could have that as the npanday 2.0?

Sounds good to me. We can start discussing what is required for that separately, but I'll write that up as our goal.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 2:12 AM

I think all of the 12 issues are fine for the 1.2 release

I think we should leave the backlog as is at the moment so that we could get the 1.2 out first and we can start from there with the changes after the 1.2 release.

Developer
Feb 22, 2010 at 4:27 AM

Can we add this issue in the 1.2 release http://npanday.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=11837?

+ 1 on leaving the backlog as is and release 1.2 first.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2010 at 4:10 AM

ok, I moved 11837 into the 1.2 list. I've also added 9627 (Visual Studio Add-in installer) too, as that has been a popular request.

I updated http://npanday.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Roadmap accordingly.