Creating a Release Candidate
- 1. Push the current trunk into tags and tag it as <version>_RC
- 2. Since we are still relying on bootstrap at the moment we will do a manual release prepare.
- 2.1. Check out the <version>_RC tag
- 2.2. Inside the parent folder of the tagged version press f3 to search.
- 2.3. Under all files and folders input in the textfield of "a word or a phrase in the file:" SNAPSHOT
- 2.4. Open all the files with notepad++
- 2.5. Search all files and replace SNAPSHOT with the specific version click replace all in all opened documents.
- 2.6. Commit the changes to the tag.
- 3. The Release Candidate Tag is now Ready for testing.
Preliminary Phase (Documentation and building of RC)
- 4. If the RC passes. Then a similar process will be done to change the version into the released version.
- Issues – all known bugs within the RC
- Dependencies - all known dependencies
- Release Notes - all fixes within the current RC
- Copy Rights - on all source code
- Licenses - on all source code
- Build (Release Candidate)
- Upload the RC in an internal directory for community testing
- Community will be given a 48hr window to test the RC.
*Post the Majority of Vote on the results of the RC
- after the approval of the community we will do a checklist page in codeplex with the current release.
If a serious flaw is found in a test build or release, it may be withdrawn by a majority vote from the community and removed from the distribution lists.
- Update Download Page to Include latest Release
- Community Announcement